

Of late I have been smitten by the ideologies and thoughts of this charismatic revolutionary to such an extreme level that I have even started sporting an unshaven beard [some assholes who haven't heard much about Che Guevara call me a terrorist for this :D] and a Che Guevara T shirt, learning Spanish and reading Pablo Neruda these days and last but not least reading Karl Marx [this isn't good for me, as I never supported communism neither had interest in politics earlier]. Call it fanatical eccentricity or wayward stupidity, but I think the way I relate my thoughts to Che's, I have developed an alter ego for him, being radically honest [read my previous post on radical honesty]. El Che is such a genius, there cannot be another Che Guevara born in the next zillion years.
While some years back in high school when I saw someone wearing a T shirt with Che Guevara graphics on it, I was captivated by his resonating image but never really bothered to open up my inquisitiveness and neither did I have the resources, as in Internet or books to learn about him. The only thing I heard about him was him being a Marxist revolutionary in Latin America. 'Marxist' is indeed a turn off for many of us out here and so was it for me. Like I'll quote "Prejudice is an opinion without judgement". Indeed how often is it that we fall prey to prejudice, me included. I don't say I support 'Marxism/Communism' as I am yet to have an opinion about it, but no doubt I love Che Guevara's thoughts and ideologies. Much like I love the Indian revolutionaries Chandrashekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh and Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose who have always been my idols since childhood. However the most remarkable peculiarity about Che Guevara that strikes me is the way his thoughts and ideals spanned across all human barriers and physical boundaries that would have confined any Citizen to even think beyond his/her nationality, let alone the Continent. From Argentina to Cuba, Guatemala, Bolivia and most of Latin America to Congo, Algeria and Africa, he freed himself from all clutches of nationality to fight for freedom of the souls from the hungry imperialists of the West. And what do the 'Third World' nations get in return for his efforts. Another 'Martyr' proclaimed as a failed ideology??? Ridiculous!!! Not many of us know the inside story of 'Imperialism' and realize how the 'Imperialist West' have managed to eat us up alive and continue to do so. If I go into the details, this post would never really end.
According to me Che Guevara is 'The Complete Human Being' ever to walk this planet, who understood what "Freedom" can really mean to a human soul. And that's the whole 'essence' that appeals to anybody who truly loves 'Freedom'. And all we do now is wait for another great revolutionary to be born on this planet, cos we are either too lazy to risk ourselves being victims of failed ideologies or too content on the morsels being thrown at us by the Imperialists while they chunk a big bite!! I am really really ashamed and annoyed to see the image of a Great Revolutionary as Ernesto Che Guevara being used merely as a universal merchandise on products and consumer goods, while people fail to understand what a great human being he is.
For me he is a 'HERO' and an 'Idol'
Che Guevara reinados supremos!!!!
According to me Che Guevara is 'The Complete Human Being' ever to walk this planet, who understood what "Freedom" can really mean to a human soul. And that's the whole 'essence' that appeals to anybody who truly loves 'Freedom'. And all we do now is wait for another great revolutionary to be born on this planet, cos we are either too lazy to risk ourselves being victims of failed ideologies or too content on the morsels being thrown at us by the Imperialists while they chunk a big bite!! I am really really ashamed and annoyed to see the image of a Great Revolutionary as Ernesto Che Guevara being used merely as a universal merchandise on products and consumer goods, while people fail to understand what a great human being he is.
For me he is a 'HERO' and an 'Idol'
Che Guevara reinados supremos!!!!


closer home, Bhagat Singh doesn't even get that kind of publicity! i wudn't be surprised if the kids dont know anything abt him soon... or maybe know him just as the guy who threw a bomb in the assembly & killed an englishman... as our history books teach us...
ReplyDeleteVery true..people kinda relate "Revolutionary" to Terrorism/Violence. Non Violence/Shanti never really got independence to any country
ReplyDelete