Yeah!!..I woke up today with a thud as if some one's slapped me on the back of my head and on a spur of moment I get this weird feeling in me that life is running short and I haven't done much here on this planet, except think about career, personal things related to it. Well, of course I have had my share of other activities in life, but they simply aren't enough for me just like any other human being. Perhaps human 'instincts' or 'wants' or 'desires' or whatever you call it, the restlessness has really set in now. I have enumerated a list of 'things to do' in the coming years and I am confused if all of them can be realistic goals in the end considering the state of mind am in right now. I literally see time passing me by, and I am struggling to do something about it.
I wish to do the following things in the next 5 years, I call it my 5 year plan:-
- Practice Buddhism for at least a year, preferably Theravada as I have always been fascinated by the religion and consider it one of the best means to attain self realization. I have tried my best to gain knowledge through text and other means, but it just isn't enough until one practices it.
- Go on a road trip across India with my buddies or cousins. Seriously planning on this. North-South and East-West, exploring every nook and corner of this great Land where I have been born, before the concrete jungles obliterate the pristine beauty of the land.
- Learn to play the guitar and charango. This is one thing I gotta learn soon, I am so pathetic at it. The only other instruments I play are tabla and harmonium. Shit...I suck bigtime..
- Go on more trekking/water rafting expeditions as I call it. At least I am happy I have trekked a lot and never lost any opportunity as and when I got them. Still the hunger remains.
- Backpack across at least one of the South East Asian countries..Cambodia, Laos, Thailand or the South Americas or Africas. This is a really tough one considering the glitches involved, but right there at the top if I get the opportunity and time. Backpacking can be fun, that it isn't a luxury tour but an exploration to learn about the amazing cultures and mysteries which attract you.
- Fulfill one of my social obligations. Help some one in distress, may be sponsor a child's education while following the child's progress. Perhaps join a NGO or something.
-When i am done with the things above, come up with new goals for the next 5 year plan. If not, add it up in the next plan. :)
I know a couple of these sound totally un realistic, but nevertheless these are goals to be worked upon. When I wrote these down, I didn't give a damn to the 'time' that's clicking.
Somehow I feel that death is looming around trying to snatch the shadow behind me, ready to pounce at any second. The way I have seen some good pals and people around me pulled into the vice of death for no good reason, I have this sudden urge to value the second chance at life that destiny has bestowed upon me and work towards my desires however unrealistic they may sound. I have my dreams and I have a hope. I remember Tim Robbins dialogue in Shawshank Redemption. "Get busy living or get busy dying"!!
Perhaps I'll embed that great scene from Shawshank Redemption at the top!! This movie teaches so many things and some morons say movies are a waste of time...
As Andy Dufresne's letter to Red says-
“Remember. Hope is a good thing. May be the best of things and no good thing ever dies.”
I wish to do the following things in the next 5 years, I call it my 5 year plan:-
- Practice Buddhism for at least a year, preferably Theravada as I have always been fascinated by the religion and consider it one of the best means to attain self realization. I have tried my best to gain knowledge through text and other means, but it just isn't enough until one practices it.
- Go on a road trip across India with my buddies or cousins. Seriously planning on this. North-South and East-West, exploring every nook and corner of this great Land where I have been born, before the concrete jungles obliterate the pristine beauty of the land.
- Learn to play the guitar and charango. This is one thing I gotta learn soon, I am so pathetic at it. The only other instruments I play are tabla and harmonium. Shit...I suck bigtime..
- Go on more trekking/water rafting expeditions as I call it. At least I am happy I have trekked a lot and never lost any opportunity as and when I got them. Still the hunger remains.
- Backpack across at least one of the South East Asian countries..Cambodia, Laos, Thailand or the South Americas or Africas. This is a really tough one considering the glitches involved, but right there at the top if I get the opportunity and time. Backpacking can be fun, that it isn't a luxury tour but an exploration to learn about the amazing cultures and mysteries which attract you.
- Fulfill one of my social obligations. Help some one in distress, may be sponsor a child's education while following the child's progress. Perhaps join a NGO or something.
-When i am done with the things above, come up with new goals for the next 5 year plan. If not, add it up in the next plan. :)
I know a couple of these sound totally un realistic, but nevertheless these are goals to be worked upon. When I wrote these down, I didn't give a damn to the 'time' that's clicking.
Somehow I feel that death is looming around trying to snatch the shadow behind me, ready to pounce at any second. The way I have seen some good pals and people around me pulled into the vice of death for no good reason, I have this sudden urge to value the second chance at life that destiny has bestowed upon me and work towards my desires however unrealistic they may sound. I have my dreams and I have a hope. I remember Tim Robbins dialogue in Shawshank Redemption. "Get busy living or get busy dying"!!
Perhaps I'll embed that great scene from Shawshank Redemption at the top!! This movie teaches so many things and some morons say movies are a waste of time...
As Andy Dufresne's letter to Red says-
“Remember. Hope is a good thing. May be the best of things and no good thing ever dies.”


hmmm... like the doctor tells roy at gateway of India "tees saal ki zindagi, aur sirf tees din yaad hai roy... in aanewale nabbe dino mein tum maut ka intezaar kar sakte ho, ya phir teen zindagiyan ji sakte ho..."
ReplyDeletebtw, howz the list coming along? :)