
Like the Pikey (Mikey) in the movie 'Snatch' right! Some people just don't go down like most champions. The Brazilians did it again while the USA were astounded to understand what really hit them in the second half of the Confederation Cup Final yesterday when they were leading 2-0 in the first. A f****** tsunami I presume LOL. As my buddy Aaron remarked "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"..so true especially in football and other sports.
To be frank at one point I did count on the US team for a miracle, the way they had shocked Spain in the semis and yes with likes of Altidore, Dempsey, Donovan on their side..Somehow I have always liked the under dogs performing well in any tournament. But when you are playing the Champions, you know the Champs just won't go down. Brazil looked lack luster in the first half,the central defense looked pathetic even with Gilberto Silva and Felipe Melo, while on the US side the Everton goalie Tim Howard made some brilliant saves as usual with a couple of Brazil attacks here and there. At the end of the first half it looked as if Brazil is f***** and the US are going to create a sensation and throw the footballing world upside down.
Not until the game was over and the Americans were bewildered as to how and where the 'Canarinho Tsunami' struck them leaving them heartbroken. Luis Fabiano twice and then Lucio with that header in the 84th minute to lead Brazil to yet another Confederation Cup title completing the Great Escape. The Champions have proved it yet again, much like the Pikey. I love that scene from 'Snatch', Guy Ritchie is one hell of a Genius. I recollect Turkish's lines in the end "For every action..there's a reaction,and a Pikey reaction is quite a f****** thing" LOL
Viva Brazil and the Pikeys!!!
To be frank at one point I did count on the US team for a miracle, the way they had shocked Spain in the semis and yes with likes of Altidore, Dempsey, Donovan on their side..Somehow I have always liked the under dogs performing well in any tournament. But when you are playing the Champions, you know the Champs just won't go down. Brazil looked lack luster in the first half,the central defense looked pathetic even with Gilberto Silva and Felipe Melo, while on the US side the Everton goalie Tim Howard made some brilliant saves as usual with a couple of Brazil attacks here and there. At the end of the first half it looked as if Brazil is f***** and the US are going to create a sensation and throw the footballing world upside down.
Not until the game was over and the Americans were bewildered as to how and where the 'Canarinho Tsunami' struck them leaving them heartbroken. Luis Fabiano twice and then Lucio with that header in the 84th minute to lead Brazil to yet another Confederation Cup title completing the Great Escape. The Champions have proved it yet again, much like the Pikey. I love that scene from 'Snatch', Guy Ritchie is one hell of a Genius. I recollect Turkish's lines in the end "For every action..there's a reaction,and a Pikey reaction is quite a f****** thing" LOL
Viva Brazil and the Pikeys!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment